Built with Hogues revolutionary deployment technology, the SIG Sauer Tactical X5 button lock flipper provides class-leading smoothness and an exceptionally effortless action. The X5, which features our robust button lock mechanism, also houses our patented blade retention device. This unique device retains the blade in the closed position allowing the user to create stored up kinetic energy before the blade is released. Beneath the frame the button lock is mounted into innovative stainless steel bolster plates to ensure rigidity and long wear. An added manual safety button allows the knife to be locked in the open position for added confidence during strenuous cutting tasks. With an intuitive press of the lock button the knife can be easily closed with one-hand without placing fingers in the path of the closing blade like standard liner lock flippers. The X5s blade is made from cryogenically heat treated CPM154 stainless steel and its edge is hand sharpened and honed for a lasting edge. The dynamic handle of the X5 is created from 6061 T6 aircraft aluminum with a G10 inlay. The precisely designed recesses and curvature of the knife offer a natural, ergonomic grasp when in use. The X5 includes an ambidextrous tip-up pocket clip designed for every day deep pocket carry.
- 3.5 inch Modified Wharncliffe blade crafted from CPM154 stainless steel with Black Cerakote finish
- Cryogenically heat treated to 57-59 RC
- High flat grind with hand honed edge
- Revolutionary button lock built with Hogues blade retention device allowing one-handed opening and closing without placing hand in path of the blade
- Fast, reliable ambidextrous flipper deployment with button lock with manual safety
- 6061-T6 hard anodize aluminum scales with G10 insert and SIG Sauer medallion